Eset SS and W7 Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by billynation, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billynation

billynation Registered Member

I installed windows 7 and now I can not get online with Eset SS 4 installed. When I uninstall ESET I am good to go online. I have tried a lot of the forum resolutions at NO avail. When I run the W7 problem salver I get Local Area Connection Doesn't get a valid IP configuration.

Why when I uninstall Eset it works, but not when installed. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. billynation

41 views and not one idea... Did I not explain my self correctly?

3. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

disconnect part = Firewall Module isn't 99% ready for Windows 7 yet. i have Pre-release mode on, with firewall 1054. on XP SP3 and it's perfectly fine

6 months before, i have the same problem with you until an update of Firewall Module

How to enable "pre-release mode" (test mode) ? check https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1562840&postcount=2

original thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256472

4. billynation

Thanks cssoz. I did that and I am still having the some issue. I install ESET and before I restart my computer everything works. As soon as I reboot I loss internet access every time. Supper frustrating when you pay for a three year subscription to ESET

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

A few questions, in order to help us better troubleshoot the issue you reported:

• Which edition, version and build of Microsoft Windows 7 are you using?
    • Was this a clean install or an upgrade from a previous version? If the latter, what was the previously-installed operating system?
    • What brand and model of computer (or motherboard, if custom-built) are you using?
    • What brand and model of network interface card does your computer use to connect to the network? What version(s) of its drivers are installed?
    • What sort of access device does your computer use to connect to the Internet? (examples: router or residential gateway with a ADSL modem, cable modem or satellite Internet; direct connection to a wireless 3G broadband card or WWAN and so forth)
    • What security software, if any, was previously installed on the computer?

Once those questions have been answered, we may be able to solve the problem or refine the troubleshooting steps further.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's necessary to contact Customer care and provide them a log from SysInspector. There is either a conflict with another application or another network driver.

7. billynation

Thanks everyone. I talked to Level #2 Customer Service last night and after a few min, they came to the conclusion I needed to do a clean install of W7. They said if I would have removed ESS before I upgraded and then reinstalled it once I upgraded I should not have have run into this issue.

I did a clean install, loaded ESS and everything works GREAT. No firewall issues at all. The customer service guy did try to figure it out and they were supper helpful. I did tell them they need more support, I waited 45 min on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.