Eset Smary Seurity 4 - Utilizing 50% CPU for long periods

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mdoylewon, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdoylewon

mdoylewon Registered Member

Hi,

Eset Smary Seurity 4 (ekrn.exe/eset service) is frequently utilizing 50% CPU for long periods (10+ minutes).
    This happens on and off during the day, even when real-time protection is disabled.

Any ideas how to debug this issue?

Thanks
    Micky

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    Hey mdoylewon, as you wrote, you are using Eset version 4, but in the meantime lot of problems has been fixed, and improvement has been added to the new version of Eset 5 (5.2.9.12). So my suggestion comes down to this . I Think you should try the new version of Eset and see if your troubles will be solved with this new release . (Sorry for that I can't give you a more fulfilling answer to your issue, but you can always give it a try if you want to )
    Link to download if you might need it: http://www.eset.com/download/home/

Best Regards from a Eset user :cool:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that a scheduled scan is being run when you observe high cpu utilization? Another possibility is that the web scanner is scanning a larger file you're downloading at that moment.
    The best would be if you could generate a dump of ekrn and supply it to Customer care for perusal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.