ESET Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DVD+R, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Now this has got me puzzled o_O I have a licenced copy of NOD32 Antivirus, I bought it just over a year ago, and still have 10 months subscription :)

The most interesting thing I have come across is with the New Versions of NOD32 and ESET Smart Security.. Although my licence wont let me download a retail version of ESET Smart Security.. I discovered that my NOD32 Username and Pass will actually let me use ESET Smart Security,,as the Updater in ESS only downloads the Antivirus signitures :blink: I thought that as a Suite the Updater SHOULD! download Firewall Updates and other components too :blink: but Apparently Not :blink:

Also I'm wondering why the Taskbar Icon of NOD32 v3.0 is a Green Colored Eye..and ESET Smart Security's Taskbar Eye is Blue o_O

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

For me, as I'm sure for others who use ESS, it not only downloads virus signature updates but module updates as needed. For example, the most recent signature database is 2654. After downloading and installing that I noticed that the antivirus and antispyware scanning module has been updated also to 1100 (12/11/07). The same thing happened the other week when the Firewall module got updated.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

OK I'll Clarify a little.. I have a subscription to NOD32 Antivirus and Not ESET SS.. however the updates still download whether or not I install NOD32 Antivirus or ESET SS.. I though a user had to have a subscription to one or the other o_O Am I correct in thinking only Antivirus updates will download using my NOD32 Username and Pass o_O or can I use the Smart Security to its fullest or will I have to buy a seperate subscription. for ESS o_O because if I can upgrade with my existing subscription I'll be damed if I'm buying a new one till my Old runs out ..remembering my subscription for NOD32 Antivirus still has 10 more months to go :ninja:

And again NOD32 Eye is Green in the taskbar and ESS Eye is blue :blink:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is currently true but it will not work that way forever.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

OK I just looked at our ESET site in Australia, and it says if you purchased your licence in Australia.. you will be able to upgrade to ESET Smart Security Free once ESET post an upgrade path... so I guess I'm OK :D

http://www.nod32.com.au/download/download.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.