ESET Smart Security v5.2.9.1 & Apple TV

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Skier, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skier

Skier Registered Member

Just a heads up really and one for the techs to correct. If you have the Firewall in 'Automatic' mode then my Apple TV will not connect to my computer and no warning is thrown up that it is being blocked. I changed the Firewall to 'Interactive' (which I normally use) and having allowed the connection all was fine.

Two things from this:

1. It needs correcting so that Apple TV users are not caused problems
    2. ESET should warn when it's blocking a connection - even in Automatic mode.

Regards

Skier

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please make sure that Apple TV's IP address is in the Trusted zone. Should the communication be still blocked, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup, reproduce the problem and submit the Firewall log to Customer care along with a description of the problem and your ESS settings exported to an xml file.
    This is not a good idea as there are many communications that can be blocked in automatic mode and popping up a window every while would do nothing good but confuse users. As I've written above, if you want to find out the rule responsible for blocking certain communication, enable logging of blocked communications and then check your Firewall log for details.

3. Skier

Skier Registered Member

Marcos, I have simply reverted to Interactive mode where I have control over the connections. My point re alerts to all blocked communications is simply this: how would a non-techy individual sort this out?

Regards

Skier

4. Eddie88

Eddie88 Registered Member

I'm with Skier, most people only come in contact with their firewall when they have a problem. A formal procedure with diagrams/detailed examples would negate multiple inquires about this problem.
    E8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.