ESET Smart Security V4 Installation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by chookafrood, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chookafrood

chookafrood Registered Member

Hello All

This is a first post for me so here goes.

I have just Purchased a 2 year licence for 2 computers of ESET Smart Security V4. I have followed the Norton Remaoval instructionsto the letter and Installed Smart Security V4 everything has gone fine but following a restart after the final installation I get a message saying that my Personal Firewall is not working properly (personal firewall rules could not be created for an unknown reason) and Maximum Protection is not be ensured.

I am going to run a scan but I am a bit worried if I should be connected to the internet at all if I am not protected.

Do you think you could help me out please?

Thanks

2. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

Has nothing to do with your previous AV removal.

I had exactly the same issue on this latest "FIXED" build, I had to mess about to get it to work.

Even then same as all v4 builds the FW can sometimes turn RED at startup and lock out WEB use and needs reboot to fix it, my record is 6 reboots to get it to turn Blue and let me use the WEB.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It sounds like there may have been a problem with the network settings after removing the previously installed security software. Try performing the following steps and see if that resolves the problem:
    1. If you purchased a retail package of ESET Smart Security, then you should visit ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php and download the latest version using the Username and Password you received when you activated your license.
    2. Uninstall the currently-installed copy of ESET Smart Security.
    3. Reset the network stack using the "NETSH INT IP RESET" command per Microsoft Knowledgebase article #299357, How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP.
    4. Reset the WinSock (Windows Socket) library using the "NETSH WINSOCK RESET" command per Microsoft Knowledgebase article #811259, How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista.
    5. Reinstall ESET Smart Security.
    ESET Smart Security should now work as expected.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

back again
    had another try at installing ess v4 on my laptop.
    same problem
    bsod while installing it.
    error was
    stop:0x0000000a,(0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x81c410EC)
    another os reinstall.
    i paid for two licenses,but can only use essv4 on one computer.
    regards
    steven

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    are you installing the latest version of ESS 4.0.417? If so and BSOD still occurs, please do the following:
    - set the system to generate complete or at least kernel memory dumps (for instructions, see here)
    - compress it with WinRAR/ZIP
    - create a SysInspector log and add it to the archive
    - PM for login credentials to our ftp

6. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

hello Marcos.
    thank you for your reply.
    i have ess v4.0.417.0.
    i don't have winrar.
    i am not sure what pm means.
    regards
    Steven

7. genetix

genetix Registered Member

This actually seems to be ESET Kernel mode driver (Debugged the install and seems as soon ESET kernel mode driver starts installing it's slam and BSOD BSOD. So you are barking right direction. :)

It has probably nothing to do with your equipment but the application compatibility of Windows instead. This issue seems to continue to latest ones also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.