ESET Smart Security v4.0.467 firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by psi2003, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psi2003

psi2003 Registered Member

Please help me...

I have ESET Smart Security v4.0.467 installed. I have made some tests in grc.com and pcflank and pc have open doors.

I ask a friend to ping my pc over the internet and my pc reply to that ping o_O

All firewalls that I have used steal my pc... ESET don't o_O o_O o_O

Why?
    Advice?
    Is this normal?

Thanks

2. tactful

tactful Registered Member

It is not called Smart Security for nothing.that's why
    advice - Enjoy
    is it normal? - absolutely
    as seen by my sig I use it too.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i didnt use a firewall until smart came out, i use one now simply because it uses little resources, first about stealthing your pc http://www.hansenonline.net/Networking/stealth.html, a firewall doesnt really offer extra security unless you really know about networking, most of the tests you see where eset firewall doesnt seem to do very well are not testing the firewall but the hips.
    This is all well and good if you only have a firewall with hips to protect yourself, i have always gone the antivirus route.
    Most of the pc's i clean up have pretty much every anti anything installed, clogging up the pc with needless junk and still getting infected.
    A few months ago a bought a lifetime subscription to a very popular firewall, my plan was to use the firewall only, but it slowed the pc down more than eset smart does, i feel smart offers a higher level of protection.
    So, no firewall will protect you if you accidently allow malware on you pc, anti-virus/ malware will.
    Just leave it on defaults or interactive if you prefer and forget it, it will keep you safe without strangling the life out your pc.
    more: http://samspade.org/d/firewalls.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.