ESET Smart Security v4.0.424.0 download

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zarzenz, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Re: ESET Smart Security v4.0.424.0 released

If I click on the link, it says 4.0.417.

Is there some sort of error here or is there another download page.

2. robis

robis Registered Member

I am blind but I see only 4.0.417 version for all languages.

3. zarzenz

Hi robis,

We posted same time about this so I'm glad it's not just me seeing this.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. zarzenz

Thanks ronjor,

Obviously the link was pointing to the wrong page.

6. robis

robis Registered Member

7. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Can I download the Commercial version even though I only paid for Home?

8. robis

robis Registered Member

Comercial means you PAID. If you have UserID and PSWD then ofcourse YES.

9. zarzenz

This is strange.

The original starting post by Marcos has now gone from here and is now in a closed post on its own but the link there still points to 4.0.417.

Anyway... I've just downloaded from the correct link ronjor gave so will try and install it and see what happens.

10. robis

robis Registered Member

What OS do you have?

If Vista 64b pls should you check this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=239678 ?

zarzenz I see again same time of our post :D funny

thanks

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The initial announcement thread was closed as it merely serves for the purpose of announcing the availability of a new version.

The links point to the latest installers regardless of what website you download or what version number is shown next to the download links.

12. darts

darts Registered Member

in a other treat was written that the Dutch version also is out but i don't see it anywhere too download does anybody now more about it?

13. zarzenz

Yes robis,

We seem to be posting same times... interesting coincidences there.

Anyway, I just have the older 32 bit XP running here.

I have just installed 4.0.424 now and this is my first online activity with it. However... on my first attempt to get here I just had a white screen with no website access, not sure if this was some problem or not with the install or my connection.

I will try it out for the rest of today to see how it goes.

14. zarzenz

Well thanks for that clarification Marcos, but to be perfectly honest with you regarding the version number shown, I think that to have the wrong version there is most confusing and not make much sense. I would not have bothered to download it had ronjor not then provided another link that actually gave the correct version number.

I mean... surely this is basic good practice to have correct version numbers.

Anyway... whatever... I now need to see how 424 goes for me today.

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Eset.com is maintained by ESET, llc from the USA whilst eset.eu and eset.sk are maintained by ESET, spol. s r.o. in Slovakia (the HQ), hence there's a slight delay until eset.com gets updated.

16. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Any opinions yet? I just went back to v3 on my laptop because of the very noticeable speed difference between v3 and v4. Does this version perform any faster than the 4.0.417.0?

17. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

nvm ignore

18. zarzenz

Thanks for explaining that Marcos, no real problem as I did get it fairly easily in the end. I guess delays in the version number updates are inevitable when different departments are trying to get it all together at the exact same time.

Anyway, so far seems to be working ok.

I did run the original V4 some time ago but had to go back to V3 due to freeze ups on opening websites. I never tried V4 after that until today so this is very much a wait and see how it goes type of thing for me now. I'll have a better idea after a day or two of normal activity.

19. Temp Member

~Snip~ Another BSOD build. :rolleyes:

I installed over the top (not recommended but no claims you must do so).

Reboot and PC takes 5x's longer to boot then BSOD, this happens 3x's after warnings Firewall cannot be established or words to that effect.

Try to remove ESET in safe mode using Your Unistaller but it does not remove in safe mode as its own wizard will not run so I'm simply cleaning up ESET files but on reboot they are rebuilt.

Anyhow I finally after much messing about and speed of hand get ESS uninstalled before it loads (as its 5x's slower to startup PC ) and causes a BSOD.

I clean up as many ESET Folders/Files I can find and reboot, then clean install it as a trial then add my User/Pass to get updates as it faisl without this info.

I then add my Config and start to delete all settings in it apart from my Torrent Client (PIA to set up with ESET) and some that will not delete to do with the System/Windows.

Finally reboot and seems ok apart from the Spam settings still mess with Windows Mail (Unknown Error randomly when I open mail only in V4) so I have again turned it off for now.

I have not plucked up the courage to even try using Web and HTTP Protection in case it once again stops/slows my Web Surfing down.

Turning off the above settings should give me an Orange ESET icon but its still blue and only ever turned Orange 1x on the last build and only for 1 restart.

I want "ME" time the rest of the night not messing with more ESET BETA Builds (over 1 hours wasted tonight).

P.S FW Module is still buggy build 1045 which stops some peeps Surfing the Web (cant say it ever caused me that apart from on restart the v4 FW's (all builds) sometime do not load and have a Red Icon which can take up to 6 reboots to clear to Blue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  20. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Well, didn't do anything here but install right on top of both my laptop/desktop and no problems. Just had to reboot after installation, running just purr-fect! :thumb:

21. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

Please forgive my saying so - I think you are going about this in rather a complicated fashion.

I wonder, what the advantage of first installing the demo over installing the full version in the first place might be, when you have a valid licence? o_O

Also, I cannot understand your uninstallation troubles - one thing I truly like about eset products is their clean uninstall-capability: Just go to control panel - software and uninstall it.

22. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Or better still, use the same installation package to uninstall.

23. Temp Member

No clue what you are talking about TBH. o_O

ESET is complicated to get working period.

How can I easily uninstall it if I get a BSOD as Windows is booting up and it will not run uninstall wizard in safe mode.

I installed the FULL Customers build over the top of my build, I got issues.

I then totally removed ESET so I had to enter my User/Pass when I clean installed it (no it does not retain my user info).

Either way, another buggy build at the end of the day.

The installation package does not always manage to stop the services to remove properly, tried that also and that does retain your user info.

You should not need do all this or be a non novice to install a AV program TBH and nothing is fixed that I needed fixed.

Its far time we got some proper support from ESET employees not other members once again questioning/doubting others ability to install a AV package (funny v3 installs without issue).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  24. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

I take that as your personal opinion.

Maybe ess just doesn't agree with your system. Considering the gazillions of possible hardware/software configurations this doesn't necessarily mean that ess is completely useless.

As I said before: YMMV. Please do not extrapolate your experience to the whole community. I am attending to several dozens of systems both professionally and personally and can not confirm any of your claims.
    As I said before, there are too many possible ways to combine hardware and software, so there is no guarantee that every software works out for everyone in the same way.

I do, however, concur that eset personnel could be more outspoken here in this forum.

25. Temp Member

You really live up to your name TBH. :rolleyes:

v3 works 100% perfect (skipping the 4 buggy builds we had) SO AGAIN I do not need forum members talking rubbish claiming its my or others faults.

I will come here and talk about my experience all I want, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. :isay:

I pay for use of this product as this very forum is for support. :cool:

I advise you learn to accept others opinions or simply leave the forum if you cannot handle that. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.