ESET Smart Security Spam stops Outlook rules....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kfinke, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfinke

kfinke Registered Member

It would appear that after installing the business version of Smart Security, my "junk" mail in my inbox is worse than before. I receive lots of mail that's not spam -- but notices from system events, etc. I have a small set of rules defined in Outlook 2007 that filter those emails and shove them in appropriate folders, usually marked as read. However, now, none of those rules seem to run anymore. If I manually choose to run all rules, then they work fine and do their part.

Can you think of any reason why Smart Security is having this conflict with Outlook rules?

Kevin

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you tell us which version of ESET Smart Security you are using? You can find out the version number by opening the user interface from the icon in the system tray notification area, selecting Help -> About from the main menu. The version number should be listed on the second line.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

You can t ry a workaround by adding those mails to ESS's white list, then they won't be classified as Spam and the Outlook rules should work fine, although ESS should have realized that by now :)

Me myself found that my black list in ESS never worked. I've been running this baby for almost 4 months and I had over 300 addresses of what I consider Spam but the black list never blocked a single message, it was all Outlook or myself doing it manually.. I think the antispam in ESS still needs some refinement to it.

4. kfinke

kfinke Registered Member

I'm running version 3.0.650.0. This is Vista 64-bit 6.0.6000, with Outlook 2007 (12.0.6300.5000) SP1.

Thanks,
    Kevin

5. Jeccu

Jeccu Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.