ESET Smart Security problem uninstalling

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by barathrum, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barathrum

barathrum Registered Member

I just Downloaded ESET smart security, didn't really work and so i uninstalled. When i try installing AVG now, it says cant because there is another antivirus installed. I checked windows security, says ESET firewall is up and running... I thought I just uninstalled it... Then i manually deleted all folders and files of ESET. TRied again, same problem... Is there like a remover or something that can permanantly remove this... By the way, i have Windows XP SP2, if that helps... I also followed the manually uninstall that is on the official ESET website. Still, doesn't work, anyone know why? Any help is greatly appreciated. I rebooted too, doesn't work.

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Did you also delete Eset registry entries under software in both HKEY local machine and current user?

This does the trick for me.

You could always check these steps here.

I have seen others suggest running this (choosing only Eset).

philby

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  3. barathrum

barathrum Registered Member

Yeah, like I said, i followed the manual uninstallation process given by ESET. I'm pretty sure this thing is thoroughly uninstalled, but Windows still reads it as my Anti-Virus. And I still can't install AVG because of it.

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Maybe try removing it in safemode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.