ESET Smart security on a server

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by shabbaranks, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shabbaranks

shabbaranks Registered Member

Hi All,

I followed the reccomended guidelines for configuring ESET smart security on a server, and the icon in the system tray is red. Occasioanly it pops up saying that there is a problem - which I am guessing this is due to the different config on the server -is that correct?

And if so whats the general rule of thumb with this? Do you just leave it or is there something else that can be done?

Thanks

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

First of all I would never install ESS on a server. You're asking for connection problems when you do that. I would install NOD32 Antivirus, and coming soon, the ESET File Security for servers will be available. After installing NOD32 AV, make sure you follow this KB article and this one from Microsoft.

What is the red icon indicating a problem with? You should expect some web access protection errors if you followed the KB article correctly.

Thanks,

Matt

3. shabbaranks

Thanks, but I cant seem to find Nod32 client in the business section. The email I recieved with install and download locations only seems to point to ESS - do I just download the NOD32 client and use our key?

Thanks

4. shabbaranks

Found it, downloaded the client from the server using the connection within the software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.