eset smart security....no spam toolbar!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by staffy, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staffy

staffy Registered Member

HI......I have recently purchased/installed Eset Smart Security(ESS).....I do not appear to have any toolbar for the managing of SPAM on my Outlook Express. The HELP says that after ESS is installed the toolbar is added but I can't find it anywhere.....I am an inexperienced computer user, can anybody please help meo_O?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it should look something similar to this. Is the AntiSpam module enabled?

Attached Files:

3. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

As well as being enabled, it also has to be integrated with the relevant email client. So go to advanced setup and you will see at the very bottom under miscellaneous... email integration... click on this and then put a check against integrate into Outlook Express/Windows Mail.

When you next open Outlook Express you should then see the icons similar to those shown in Cudni's post.

4. rony474

rony474 Registered Member

same for me , in Thunderbird , it also not helping to turn it off an on in F5 menu.

5. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

for rony474:
    Does it exist menu item View > Toolbars > ESET Smart security in your thunderbird?
    Can you create new profile of Thunderbird and setup profile and confirm that toolbar isn't displayed?
    To create new profile start thunerbird from command line thunderbird -P.

6. staffy

staffy Registered Member

Thanks for helping......I tried what you advised but it is still no good.......I know this sounds funny but when I started OE my system was a bit sluggish and I think saw the toolbar for just a split second....it then seemed to disappear behind the normal toolbars etc.......any clues?

7. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Hi staffy,

I wonder if you have a similar problem to what I had with my system.

Let me just mention this quickly here, in case it is related to your problem... if it is not... then it can be discounted.

Have you got IE8 installed, and have you got Spybot installed.

When I installed IE8 my Outlook Express was virtually unusable. I then discovered that Spybot and IE8 do not work happily together due to a conflict in the softwares. This in turn caused my Outlook Express to be very slow also.

I removed Spybot completely as I reckoned ESS was able to provide all my protection, and in anycase Spybot was starting to have far too many things to check and was taking forever to scan... so it was a good time to remove it from my system... for my own personal requirements.

Then my Outlook Express was back to normal. I have to be honest and tell you that I don't actually use the ESS antispam feature. This is a personal choice as I always like to see any spam first just in case it amuses me. I can't therefore confirm if the antispam toolbar was affected by the IE8/Spybot issue, but it may be worth checking this possibility first.

So that's all I can suggest and if everything else is as it should be then there must be another reason for you not seeing the toolbar.

Maybe others will have more suggestions for you to try.

8. rony474

reinstalled thunderbird - same , and no there is under view > toolbars > only %Product Name%

Rgds

9. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

have you installed Windows7 x64 Ultimate beta or Windows7 x64 Ultimate RC?

10. rony474

i have RC ultimate ..

11. staffy

staffy Registered Member

sorry...no idea what you are talking about.....I think I will just forget about the spam toolbar...thanks everybody........

12. staffy

staffy Registered Member

no I dont have spybot but I do have IE8.....I think I will just forget about the spam toolbar...thnaks anyway.....

13. staffy

staffy Registered Member

it aint there anywhere......I think I will just forget about it....thanks anyway......

14. staffy

staffy Registered Member

everything appears as everybody tells me it should but it aint anyhwere to be seen....I think I will just forget about the spam toolbar...thanks anyway....

15. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

See this thread

or specifically the below post

It is now "Enable email client protection"

hope it helps
    Cheers

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  16. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

hi,

rony474 find out this
    "problems where affected with the "test mode" enabled in updates."

please if you have enabled it try to:
    1. disable "test mode" enabled in updates for while
    2. do update
    3. restart windows
    does this problem appears yet.

please specify your os version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.