Eset Smart Security HTTPS/SSL scanning and Firefox Updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JoeHazzers, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeHazzers

JoeHazzers Registered Member

Here's an interesting situation.
    I consider having the HTTPS checking and SSL traffic scanning on to be a good security feature, but i have had to turn it off. It likes to interfere with firefox updates.
    If i try to update firefox, i get the following error:

AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)

The solution to this problem is to turn off the HTTPS and SSL features of Eset Smart Security 4.
    I would like to have this feature on, but yet it does not work.
    I have attempted to import the Root Certificate from ESS, yet i am not sure whether i am doing this correctly. I believe this problem is due to the fact that firefox wants to connect via SSL to the update server, but ESS is somehow interfereing with this connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Firefox Version 3.0.7

2. a3_alin

a3_alin Registered Member

I have some problems, including that related to firefox.. the response from eset:

Thank you for contacting ESET Customer Care.

Version 4 is still new and we are finding some wrinkles in the product after the release. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is recommended to use version 3 for the time being untill we release an update to version 4. Keep checking the download page often for an update to version 4 (current version BEFORE update: 4.0.314).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.