Eset Smart Security GUI

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by swagger01, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swagger01

swagger01 Registered Member

Hi all,

First post here.

Just to say that the developers have done a fantastic job on the overall look of ESS and I take my hat off to them for actually making an effort to design the interface to fit in with Vista's visual style.

Just one question .. does ESS have any PC tune up tools included ?? The reason I ask is when I installed ESS my Windows Vista start up time dramatically decreased ??

Thankyou.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi.

I've got the RC1 installed on both my home Vista pc and my XP work laptop and have not noticed any performance problems at all on either platform. In terms of ESS including PC tune up tools the answer is "no" and I sincerely hope it stays that way. I've seen too many Internet Security Suites recently that include PC optimization tools and online backup facilities which just bloat the software more.

IMHO the way ESS is at the moment and the elements it includes is just fine the way it is and look forward to the official release - I will certainly be buying it.

3. swagger01

Not saying that theres a problem its just that for some reason when I installed ESS my Windows start up time REALLY improved ... it boots a LOT faster with ESS installed ... its just a bit puzzling as to why you install a security suite and it makes Windows start faster.

4. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi.

Sorry. I misunderstood and thought your boot up time had increased!

Not sure why this is but it's gotta be a good thing right?

5. swagger01

Yeah .. it doesn't matter too much but if I am to buy this I would want to know ALL the features of ESS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.