ESET Smart Security for Business

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PatCarmenManutom, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatCarmenManutom

PatCarmenManutom Registered Member

I'm trying to understand exactly what is included when you purchase the Small Business 5-PC Bundle. From what I've read on the website, it would include the following for the Windows Server:

ESET Smart Security 4
    ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server
    ESET Remote Administrator 4

I assume the Smart Security listed above is the same as what is available individually for standalone PC's, only executable in the server environment.

Can someone please confirm that the above is true, and add/delete to the list as appropriate.

Also, when buying the above package, is the product provided for the 5 PC's the Smart Security 4 product or simply the antivirus product?

As far as pricing is concerned, I currently have a 3-PC 2-year license for the Smart Security 4 product. If I decide to purchase the 5-PC bundle of the Business product, can the amount already spent be applied to the upgrade purchase?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. CarlB

CarlB Former Eset Employee

The Small Business Bundles all include ESET Remote Administrator and ESET Mail Security, and are available with either ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus for workstation protection.

All of the Business Editions of our workstation products will run on a server. However, ESET Mail Security will likely be used on your Small Business Server, so there is no need to install either ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security on that particular machine, as ESET Mail Security includes full AV protection for the server as well as mail scanning.

Additionally, even when ESET Smart Security is purchased, we do not generally recommend installing it on any servers. ESET Smart Security contains a firewall component that can be disruptive to general server operation without extensive configuration. In those cases, your ESET Smart Security Business Edition license can be used to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus on your servers.

Regarding pricing, that would depend on several factors and would need to be discussed with one of our sales representatives. You can contact them at +1 (866) 343-3738, 6AM to 6PM Pacific Time in North America.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The good thing about buying ESET Smart Security for Business - either the bundle (which comes with 1 mail security license per workstation) - is that you can run just the antivirus product on your server - Smart Security license allow you access the the AV only product for those instances that require it.

As regards upgrading from the home edition to business - there is no upgrade path for that I am sorry to say - at least not in the USA/Canada.

If you have questions - call us, or a local ESET reseller close to you (as you do not state which territory you are in).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.