ESET Smart Security Crashing Windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mx1110, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx1110

mx1110 Registered Member

Hi,

I have recently formatted my system and have re-installed windows 7 32 bit and am using Eset Smart Security 4.2.58.3 and am having issues with windows update. Whenever, i run windows update, updates install perfectly, however, when i click on restart now when the updates are installed, the pc restarts but it hangs on the screen where it says windows is configuring updates 15% done, donot restart your system.

This screen stays for a long period of time and then i have to manually reboot the system, when i reboot, i get a message saying that updates have failed. If i uninstall ESET, the updates install fine. Please advise.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try with the latest Eset 4.2.6 ?

3. mx1110

mx1110 Registered Member

Hi,

I have also installed the latest version which is 4.2.6.10 and i still have the same issue. Once again i had to format the pc as i couldnt get rid of the BSOD which kept on after the failed updates.

4. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello mx1110
    It is maybe a tiresome answer to your question, but I really think you should contact your local support for for troubleshooting.( Is maybe a long shot, but have you tried to install one windows update/fix one at a time, to see if it's a particular update that is the cause to your problems.)

Best Regards

Woodgiant.

5. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I notice you mentioned that you performed a fresh installation of Microsoft Windows 7 prior to installing ESET Smart Security. By any chance, did your operating system come from the computer manufacturer with antivirus or other security software built into the image?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.