ESET Smart Security Business + MySQL

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nicolasfo, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicolasfo

nicolasfo Registered Member

Hello Every one !

I'm in test with ESET Smart security business edition.

I have two computers :
    - On under Windows XP where I plan to install ERA server and ERA console
    - One under Ubuntu Server 9.10 where a MySQL database is installed.

I saw that ESET data can be stored in a MySQL database, so I want to do it like this.
    Before all, on my MySQL server, i create a database and a user named "esetradb". I allowed connexion by a remote IP adress. esetradb database is empty.

I downloaded ODBC Connector, and I configured it :here. I tested it, ODBC tells me connexion is ok.

After, I begin ESET installation by the ERA server > Advanced installation > i selected MySQL database, and i set : DSN=eset (to be ok with ODBC). I tested it, ESET tells me connexion is ok again...beautiful ! I uncheck "Autocreate database (ESETRADB)" but I check "Autocreate Tables in databse" here
    I configured passwords, emails, then I start installation for real. Files copy seems ok, and when ESET tried to start service, an error message tells me that service stopped due to a problem. I can abort, resume or ignore this error.

I looked at Windows log, and I got this message :
    huh, ok, but before, all seems ok... I don't understand what's the problem...

Thanks in advance for your help

Nicolas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.