Eset Smart Security blocking QuickBooks

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ich, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ich

ich Registered Member

Windows 7 SP1 x64, same issue before and after upgrading ESET SS from 5 to 6.

There are a few mapped drives to a peer-to-peer file server and everything works fine until QuickBooks is launched (the QB file is on the server) - then ESET pops up a dialog warning about a "Port Scan" from the server IP address, and the mapped drives stop working until the ESET firewall is turned off.

I've tried setting the server IP in the trusted zone and everything else I could think of digging through the ESET configuration, but lose access to the network shares as soon as QuickBooks tries to access the QB file across the network.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. ich

ich Registered Member

Interactive doesn't seem to make any difference. The "Port scanning" message pops up and I lose all access to the shares

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Add the IP address of the remote computer where port scanning is performed to the list of addresses excluded from active protection in the zone setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.