Eset Smart Security and MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ndn_enigma, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndn_enigma

ndn_enigma Registered Member

hey guys... what path would i need to enter so that ess scans my files as soon as they finish transferring... i used to have the following code for nod32:

"C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32.exe" /scanfile+ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /heurdeep /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanmbr- /scanboot- /scanmem- /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /quit+ /list+ /break- /selfcheck+ /pack+

can someone please tell me the code for eset smart security, thanks a bunch... if it is even possible to scan files this way with ess, that is.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET Smart Security performs on-demand scan using the kernel , not a separate scanner.This way it needs less resourses for the whole computer scan.

In ESS there is a command line scanner which can be used but still command to use it are not available in public . We'll have to wait for them (may be next BETAs) :thumb:

3. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

for just basic nod you'd only need the "C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe" with ess I'd assume you'd only need "C:\Program Files\ESET\Eset Smart Security\egui.exe" but I'm not sure as it's something I havent changed yet... it may be ekrn instead of egui but I VERY highly doubt it.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Not sure it would work but you would need ekrn, egui is just the gui or graphical user interface, that would only pull up the user interface and not run a scan, if it works at all that is.

5. OMEGA_RAZER

I'll see about it in a second... I'll see who's online and get someone to send me something....

EDIT: k, I was wrong... ekrn does nothing at all... will see if ecmd does anything in a bit when people are back from dinner...

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Perhaps they don't have the command line scanner enabled in this version of the beta. Wait till one of the Eset mods come along and see this thread. Email them directly if that does not work. Ecmd does seem like what you need but the old commands don't seem to work here anywhere.

7. OMEGA_RAZER

yeah, I opened it with cmd and used the /? switch and it told me something about an error so I assumed it wassnt ready...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.