Eset Smart Security 6 program update issue?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Uroboros, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

I recently updated from Eset Smart Security 5 to version 6; which went without a hitch. But I've noticed the program seems to be acting weird when it comes it updating itself. I am getting a lot of notifications that some program component has been updated. I never saw this many with version 5 and I don't think there has been as many updates as there have been notifications in a one day period. I looked int he event log to see if anything might show up there but there wasn't anything.

Has the update system changed since version 5? I see there are a few things in the Scheduler that would run every hour. But it does seem like I'm being notified of updates that really aren't happening.

Speaking of "Scheduler"; the items the help files says are there by default, should they all be selected. I noticed one item wasn't.

"Automatic update after user logon" wasn't selected.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Uroboros

Have you installed the new version on top of Ess version 5? I know it shouldn't matter if you install in top of the existing installation of Eset, but you could try to do a clean install, to see if it should resolve your problem. Regarding the schedule, the " automatic update after user logon"... is not activated by default, and as such do not need to be ticked.

Regards, Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please post the information about installed modules from the About window here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.