Eset smart security 5 serious bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by varunit, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varunit

varunit Registered Member

Hi I had always trusted eset products. So with that hope I installed the latest eset 5.0.93.0. The installation was successful. Everything seems fine. But the moment I turn on my modem to start internet, system starts hanging, the whole system has became unresponsive. o_O So I thought of giving it away.

Then I came across the forum and learn that a new product update was released. With some curiosity that all the previous bugs were fixed, I downloaded afresh 5.0.94.0 version from their website. Installed successfully, but the same hanging problem remained same.

Now even newer problems started to appear. I have tried this. When I clicked on desktop, ESS switches to gamer mode. when i open any other application, ESS again switches to normal mode. The same thing happens when I open ESS5 window and clicked outside the window, ESS switches to gamer mode. Such an odd behaviour of ESS5... :mad:

I am really disappointed with ESS. I am using windows 7 32 bit machine with 2gb RAM.

I have uploaded the images, when I click outside of the window and when I click inside of it again.. Does anyone had similar experience? o_O

Attached Files:

2. buckrogers

buckrogers Registered Member

I am not getting any systems hangs but I am getting Gamer Mode being enabled and going back to Normal Mode on certain situations.

Do you have any high intensive applications running? I notice this happens whenever I play a flash video in Youtube and quickly enlarge and go back to small screen by double clicking the video and a pop up notification shows ESET needs your attention and disappears.

You could try to reinstall ESET to see if this behavior persist. Good luck!

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, try disabling http checking in the main setup to see if it makes a difference. As for the Gamer mode switching on and off continually, this happens if you use Aero and the background image switching in certain intervals. However, it can switch also on other occassions as soon as ESET receives a signal about a full-screen mode from the OS. This is still being investigated. As a workaround, you can disable automatic switching to Gamer mode for full-screen applications.

4. varunit

varunit Registered Member

I have switched back to avira. Anyway thanks for the suggestions..

5. heynow00

heynow00 Registered Member

thanks for the heads up. it keeps switching to gamer mode for me also. i guess the Win7 background image changer is what is making it happen. i have a library of several thousand images that change every 10 seconds. hope you get it fixed soon!

6. julian88

julian88 Registered Member

Hi Marcos

Hey this has been annoying me for some time - just took the time to figure it out - I kept getting this popup telling me gamer mode was enabled - whenever I'd get that I'd check and it was off - this started on v5 - I just realized that the automatic enabler was the cause - try this simple test - open eset - click setup - slide that window to a secondary monitor - now open up your browser on your main monitor - now press f11 - voila! - gamer mode is enabled! - presumably now if I go to a bad site I won't get a prompt to tell me that - eset won't update - etc - this is not a good default setting - additionally gamer mode is occasionally activating even without full screen mode - this bug has existed since your posting above - I see I can change this setting so the solution for me is to turn off the automatic gamer mode enabler - it would be good if you changed the default setting so this problem does not plague others

Thanks

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Julian

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this also happens if you are using some screensavers and or rotating backgrounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.