ESET Smart Security 4 Keeps blocking all my applications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xXL3g3ndXx, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXL3g3ndXx

xXL3g3ndXx Registered Member

Hello guys, I recently decided to try out ESET Smart Security 4 to see if this security software is to my liking and I have encountered problems after a fresh install of this application.

My operating system is Windows XP SP3 and I am currently using ESET Smart Security 4.2.71.2 English.

What happens is that the moment I double-click an application, my .exe files get quarantined and my game is unable to run.

Here is some logs that are in this application:
    4/4/2011 11:22:16 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\Vuze\Azureus.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:22:04 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\Garena\Garena.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:21:53 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\AuditionSEA\AuditionSEA\patcher.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:01:39 PM Startup scanner file C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
    4/4/2011 11:01:38 PM Startup scanner file C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version6\TeamViewer_Service.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

I am very sure that these applications are completely harmless and will not cause any damage to my computer system. However, I am unable to stop ESET from quarantining my .exe files. Please help. Thanks in advance!

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.