ESET Smart Security 4 Keeps blocking all my applications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xXL3g3ndXx, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXL3g3ndXx

xXL3g3ndXx Registered Member

Hello guys, I recently decided to try out ESET Smart Security 4 to see if this security software is to my liking and I have encountered problems after a fresh install of this application.

My operating system is Windows XP SP3 and I am currently using ESET Smart Security 4.2.71.2 English.

What happens is that the moment I double-click an application, my .exe files get quarantined and my game is unable to run.

Here is some logs that are in this application:
    4/4/2011 11:22:16 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\Vuze\Azureus.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:22:04 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\Garena\Garena.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:21:53 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files\AuditionSEA\AuditionSEA\patcher.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined ----------\XXXX Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
    4/4/2011 11:01:39 PM Startup scanner file C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
    4/4/2011 11:01:38 PM Startup scanner file C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version6\TeamViewer_Service.exe a variant of Win32/Obfuscated.NEG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

I am very sure that these applications are completely harmless and will not cause any damage to my computer system. However, I am unable to stop ESET from quarantining my .exe files. Please help. Thanks in advance!

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.