ESET Smart Security 4.0.424 and Firefox Search Suggestions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by wscientist, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wscientist

wscientist Registered Member

Hello to everyone!
    I have a problem with ESS 4.0.424. It's blocking the search suggestions in Firefox 3.0.8. I'm using Vista Ultimate SP1 with all updates and the ESS is configured to allow connections from Firefox.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. tomi

tomi Registered Member

Hi,

do you have this problem also with gmail etc.? In Setup, "Personal firewall/IDS and advanced options - Troubleshooting", enable the "Log all blocked connections" option. Probably you will have a DNS poison attack detected in firewall log. Then disable the "DNS Poisoning attack detection".

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello wscientist,

Please try as tomi put forward.

Dont worry, it will not reduce security.

- Stem

4. wscientist

wscientist Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the problem is not in the IDS rules. I've tried to uncheck all the IDS rules, but this didn't fixed the problem. Tried also to disable the firewall, real-time file system protection, etc., but again, the problem was not fixed. Finally I stopped the ESS Services to run at start-up and the Search Suggestions started to work again. I think that the problem is in the kernel of the program. With ESET Smart Security 3.0.684 everything is running as it should. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.