ESET short changed me on my renewal

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I got a reminder email the other day from the rep I bought NOD32 from. His email was a courteous reminder that my subscription was about to run out.

In the email, he mentions that there is no need to wait until your license expires to renew. He writes that:

"You may order your renewal any time! You don't have to wait until the expiration date. I will look up your existing license in my records and adjust the new expiration accordingly."

So being proactive as well as trusting, I went ahead and renewed my family pack license today, 10 days early, even though my current license doesn't expire until Dec 10. The license I received from ESET today is valid until Nov 30, 2007. But my license should be valid until Dec 10, 2007 as my current ESET license does not expire until Dec 10, 2006. So I emailed my sales rep.

I received the following reply from my sales rep:

Private correspondence removed - Ron

Now...it's only 10 days. It's not really a big deal. But I paid for them and should get them. I feel like I was bamboozled by my sales rep and short changed by ESET.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Please , send an email to support@eset.com with as much details as you can type + a link to this thread . I am sure they'll "fix" this for you . Keep us informed , ejr :thumb:

3. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Ronjor...why the edit? Did I violate a board policy? I apologize if I did. I wanted people to see that I felt my sales rep was pulling my leg. They can't see that with your edit.

Am I able to summarize what he said rather than quote him verbatim?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

No private emails are to be posted on Wilders without both parties consent.
    That will probably work.

5. ejr

ejr Registered Member

OK...Let me try to tell the story this time without violating any board rules (my apologies to the board moderators, I truly was not aware of that rule).

Here is my situation.

1. My NOD 32 sales rep sent me a renewal email. In the email, he tels me that I don't need to wait until my license expries to renew. That I can simply renew at any time, and he will take care of getting the dates changed.

2. So rather than waiting to renew on December 10, 2006 when my license expires, I renewed today on Nov 30 (10 days early).

3. The license that ESET sent me today is now valid until Nov 30, 2007. But it should be Dec 10, 2007.

4. When I emailed my sales rep to have him change the date, he was unable to do it. He wasn't aware that I had a family pack of 2 licenses. He said that it is ESETS policy not to allow the reps to change enewal dates on family packs.

I find this very strange. ESET would allow their sales reps to change the renewal dates on single licenses but not family packs? Why? This smells fishy to me as it just doesn't make sense.

It sounds to me like my sales rep is just being lazy and doesn't want to expend the effort to go in change the renewal date to fulfill his promise. So as a result, I just got short changed by 10 days on my NOD32 license. I have paid for 2 years of subscriptions, but only received 1 year, 355 days worth.

And if my sales rep is being honest with me and this really is ESETS policy, it is a bad policy.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi ejr, this is how the automated renewal process works with Eset, however, it can be manually overridden, and quite a number of Distributors manually process order from their Resellers and clients that directly purchase from them.

This can be rectified for you by sending an email to support @ eset.us

Cheers :D

7. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Thank you! I emailed tech support. Will let you know how it turns out.

Question: How is it that you are aware that this can be fixed, but my sales rep/distributor is not? In fact, he went out of his way to inform me that it is ESETS policy to allow distributors to adjust renewal dates on individual licenses, but NOT family packs (my license is a family pack).

Is he simply misinformed?

8. Blackspear

I believe so.

9. ejr

ejr Registered Member

ISSUE RESOLVED!

Just what you guys said woujld happen did happen. I emailed ESET support and they took care of extending the renewal date of my license.

I will now email my reseller to inform him of his error so that this doesn't happen to others.

Appreciate your help guys!

10. Blackspear

You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.