Eset Service stopped error at start up ??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

my system after Lass.exe crashed/stopped wilst i was browsing with ie7 which gave an error unable to reference memory at blah blah, ect , (code) and then informed me that my system would need to close in 30 secs, which it did, which was prior to this problem/error upon reloading windows , which was slower than normal, eset took ages to load, causing the system to becone non responsive for at least 10 secs ,

then as the eset ss splash screen disapeared i got an error message pop up saying that the eset service had stopped or similar, error disapeared, eset egui.exe and ekrn.exe where both running, after checking the windows error logs I noticed the following error

From what little i have read schannel.dll has something to do with SSL encryption in IE Could this be a conflict with ess SSL scanning ?
    Om another note the loading time for eset does appear to be taking longer than it used to do, it also seems to pause during loading post boot

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have generation of application memory dumps enabled under Tools -> Diagnostics, compress the content of the %ProgramData%\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Diagnostics folder, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link. Otherwise try to reproduce the crash with geneation of complete application dumps enabled and continue as per the instructions above.

3. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Jusked checked and sadly there was no DMP created by eset,as it wasn't set to do so, But it is now set to create a full mem dump ,As i am not really sure what caused the windows process Lass.exe to crash/stopp in the first instance I guess i'll have to just wait and see if it reproduces it's self again, Because I'm not sure how i could get it to reporoduce on demand, By yes i shall compress Rar the DMP file and upload it, and provide the link to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.