ESET Security Suite - upgrade discount?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by JimmyD, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Hi,

My NOD32 license expires this week. Of course I'm going to renew and was wondering if any type of discount will be given to current licensed users when the Security Suite comes out?

Thanks!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As written many times here at Wilders , ESET are going to create two separated products :

NOD32 v.3 (stand alone products)
    ESET Personal Suit (all in one product)

As a customer , you will receive a free upgrade to NOD32 v.3 but will have to pay if you want the Siut . And yes , of course , as a customer you will be given a discount for it . However , no further details are known since these are about to come alive in the autumn . :)

3. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Written many times? :blink: Could you please provide links to those "many times?" I only saw 2 threads with version 3 in the title and there was alot of speculation about pricing but nothing solid.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the suite.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Pricing has not yet been determined: See this post.

Cheers :D

5. ISSB

ISSB Registered Member

Hi,

I think each decision if vendor should or should not charge for upgrades to new products is up to the marketing strategy.

If Eset is happy with the current loyalty users have towards its products - then small upgrade fee might be asked. For example - they can ask existing users to pay 50% of price like for the renewal licenses.

On the other hand, if Eset wants to make users really happy they would allow all registered users of NOD32 to get a free upgrade. But I really doubt this can happen at all. Finally existing users base is the good pool to earn easy and quick money. And with 50% price this looks like a win-win offer for both Eset and users.

Just my two cents...

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Actually, the original poster was asking whether current NOD32 users would get a discounted or free upgrade to the Internet Security Suite, or would they only be upgraded (for free) to the NOD32 AntiVirus edition.

Of course, its almost definite that current users can upgrade to NOD32 AV 3.0, but nothing much about the suite is known. Last I heard, the suite was to be offered to current users as a free upgrade, or at a nominal price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.