ESET Security Suite and sharing media to stereo attached by ethernet cable

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by NefCanuck, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NefCanuck

NefCanuck Registered Member

I've hit a weird snag using ESET Security Suite (v.3.0.684.0) on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I use the firewall in automatic mode, it hasn't steered me wrong yet but I'm not sure what's wrong.

I have a Denon AVR 3808ci that I have connected to my computer to share media files via a DSL modem/wireless modem/router combo (Speedstream 6520)

The problem is that while the Denon sees the files on the PC, it cannot play them while the ESET software is engaged. If I try, the radio simply replies with the file name but no music. If I stop the ESET software, the music starts and I can then restart ESET, making sure to allow all on the "System" process tree or the music will stop again.

Any ideas? Is there a way for ESET in automatic mode to allow all communications to the port on the router to which the Denon is attached? Thanks

NefCanuck

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Have you selected sharing mode for the network in ess?

3. NefCanuck

I do that and the Windows dialog box pops up and "Allow Sharing" is already ticked o_O

NefCanuck

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm not sure what you mean by windows dialog, it should be an ESET dialog. Could you provide a screenshot?

5. NefCanuck

As requested, here is the screen I was referring to:

NefCanuck

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.