Eset Security software update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by itgremlin, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itgremlin

itgremlin Registered Member

Hi Guys,

im running Eset security V3.0.642 and i have just had to purchase a new license for the year and i am wondering if i am intitled to upgrade to the lastest product of Eset security which is V4 if i am how do i do this ?

do i uninstall what i have then download the trail and whack in my user lincens codes and it just works ??

thanks

Simon Rogers

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

As long as your ESET product license is active you are granted :
    - the products
    - regular updates (generally multiple times a day) for malware signatures and program components
    - any new version/build of the product
    - free technical support via web form/telephone/other resourses such as the forum here

This means that you can use any version you want/need of the product you have . You can upgrade for free to v4 (if you want to) . Newer build of v3 is 3.0.684 (the newest v3 one , actually) .

You can either install the new version on the top (this will keep your current settings) or perform fresh clean installation . I'd recommend the second (just for the sport and the good practises).

1. Download fresh new version of ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3.0 or v4.0) from http://www.eset.com/download .

2. Uninstall your current version .
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Make sure you can see hidden files and folders and manually delete these:

for XP:
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1

for Vista:
    - C:\Program data\Eset
    - C:\Users\~username~\AppData\Local\Eset
    - C:\Users\~username~\AppData\Roaming\Eset
    - C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1

5. Reinstall your ESET software using the file you downloaded in step1 . Use typical install. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.