ESET Remote Administrator Console and Server Upgraded - How To Set Passwords

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by pray4mojo, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pray4mojo

pray4mojo Registered Member

I recently upgraded my Remote Admin Console and Server to version 4.0.138.0.

During the upgrade process I was prompted for changing/setting passwords to allow for clients to connect via the Remote Admin tool and other options.

How do I change/access that now after an install? Currently the ESET Remote Admin Tool can now connect without a password and we don't want that.

Thank you!

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Hi,

You'd be better in the "other products" forum, but you need to launch ERAC and click File > Passwords. In there you can configure the passwords. "Password for Clients" is the one that ERAC/ERAS will expect to be correct, so make sure that reflects the one that your clients will be trying to connect with.

Jim

3. pray4mojo

Thank you for your help.

4. pray4mojo

When you reference the clients trying to connect with portion of your response do you mean in order to receive policies and updates from the ERAS?

Thank you again, sorry for posting in the wrong spot. First time post, long time listener... :)

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

yes that is correct.

On the ERAS/ERAC screen I mentioned, that is where you set an authentication password for the clients. Then on the clients themselves, on the Miscellaneous > Remote Administration screen you tick the "Remote Administrator server requires authentication" box and key in the password. The client then connects to ERAS periodically (we have it every 5 minutes) and looks for tasks.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.