ESET REMOTE ADMINISTRATION (Domain?)

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by marky000, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marky000

marky000 Registered Member

Guys, Ive been spending hours getting my head around ERAS and ERAC and Ive done all the reading I think.

Ive installed both ERAS and ERAC on a server (running Windows 7 64bit by the way) but I cant get any clients to popup. ERAC sees the ERAS fine but I guess since they are both installed on the same server (thats to be expected).

After going through all the checklists, the only thing I can think of is that this is not a domain environment.

My main goal was to be able to perform push installs to new machines. I know you can have a mirror (update) server in a non-domain environment but I am not sure for push installs.

Ive seen no documentation that specifocally states a domain environment is needed (altough I did see it being recommened oce or twice).

It does make some sense that it would have to be a domain environment as I cant see what service is responsible for the clients checking in on the server so to speak. At least with a domain, clients logon against the domain controller (so maybe thats what does it).

Can someone put me out of my misery on this.

Ive spent way too long on it already.

Im guessing I could installl the endpoint security manually on the client machines and they migh popop in the ERAC once I set the mirror server in the client etc (but that wont help me to perform a push install to a new machine).

P.S>. Enpoint = NOD32 AV Business Edition

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

No. You do not need to be on a domain for push installs. I do Push Installs to non-domain computers all the time with no problems (From a Windows Server 2008 computer). The main thing you have to do is make sure the firewall is off on the computer and use credentials that are valid on the machine you are trying to push too. You must make sure and set these credentials during the isntall taks. It would also help to know what version of Windows you are pushing too as you might have to make some Local Security Policy tweaks if it's XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.