ESET Remote Admin Console Empty

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by The Gimp, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gimp

The Gimp Registered Member

Hello,

I've installed ESET server and console on a new server and used it to push NOD32 out to clients on the network. The server was showing up in the console, but none of the clients I pushed the install to ever did! I thought I'd try the "Delete Tables (Reset Database)" maintenance option and see if the database re-populated itself. It hasn't :( and now neither the server or the clients are showing up in the console. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Stu

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are the clients actually set up to connect to that ERAS? Is there a firewall between the server and the clients?

3. The Gimp

Hi Marcos,

The clients are all set up to get their updates from the server. There aren't any firewalls in between the server and the clients :doubt:

Stu

4. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

I think Marcos means are the clients pointing to the ERA Server (so that they show up in the console)? This is under Miscellaneous > Remote Administration in the full setup tree.

Note this is a separate setting to where you point the clients for their updates.

5. The Gimp

I've updated the config and done a push install to one client to test. That was 10 minutes ago.....nothing so far. I'm concerned that the server isn't showing up in the 'servers' pane anymore despite the fact I'm connected to it! Am I going to have to re-do the install over the whole site? :oops:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A server will appear in the server pane if a client has connected to it or another ERAS has replicated to that server.

Try installing EAV locally and point it to the ERAS via localhost to make sure it works. For testing purposes you can configure it to connect to ERAS in 0 minute intervals. Also run "netstat -ab" to check if the port 2222 on which ERAS listens is not already used by another service/application.

7. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

What is the server OS? Windows Server 2008 includes a firewall and you have to open port 2222 on it. Otherwise the clients can't talk to the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.