Eset RA HTTP Server not starting properly

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by xrez, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrez

xrez Registered Member

I had a Windows 2000 Server with Eset Remote Administration server running. The 10 or so PCs with Eset Smart Security updated and connected to the server fine. However, when I upgraded our server to Windows Server 2003, I noticed that the RA HTTP Server could not start up properly and gave me the error "The ESET RA HTTP Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automaticall if they have no work to do, for example the Performance Logs and the Alerts service."

I have updated windows 2003, uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. spm

spm Registered Member

The first place to look is the server Event log, to see if there are any clues there. That said, it sounds like the ERA HTTP server may be trying to start up on an HTTP port that is already in use. Make sure it uses an available port (you can set the HTTP server port via the "Updates" tab accessible from ERA Console -> Tools -> Server Options). By default, the ERA HTTP server uses TCP port 2221. If you change the port number, you will need to push out a new config to all your EAV/ESS clients

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.