eset RA 3.0.105 not keeping policy settings

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I go into one of my policies and edit it. I add a new scan profile and configure the scheduled scan to use it and select 6 scan targets. I hit console to exit and save my settings.

I go to another policy to modify it. This policy already has my new scan profile and the scheduled scan is already set to use it. Odd.

I exit the RA, clear my %temp% directory (RAC*.tmp) and go back in to the policy management.

I look at the second policy which strangely had my new scan profile and scan settings. They are no longer there. I go back to the first one I modified. The profile is in that one, but the schedule scan only has 5 targets, not the 6 I had specified originally.

WTF is going on? It's pulling the old .tmp file from the OTHER policy! I'm spending sooooo much time on this and the many other bugs in this product. I've began to migrate away from it. All new installs/licenses are with another product. We will not be renewing eSet at renewal time.

There are too many bugs in this product, and support is no help. They just ignore the problems as if they are just me (forums make it obvious they are not) or tell me "don't use that feature." Marcos is a great asset, but the programmers just can't make this product work right. If simple stuff like this doesn't work, I'm afraid what else may break.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello edwin3333,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I'm curious on what was the response was to this problem. I'm having a similar issue. I applied a global policy to all my workstations and it's not taking all the settings.

An example is:
    Potentially unwanted applications is checked on my server but if I view the configuration off the workstation it's unchecked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.