ESET Personal Firewall Miniport needs driver

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by daryld, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daryld

daryld Registered Member

Using Vista, it's up to date. Get system error that ESET Personal Firewall Miniport needs a driver installed. Went to ESET site and found that current version of ESET Smart Security 4x is supposed to fix the problem. I already had it installed, but went ahead a followed the instructions to remove the program and re-install it. I did that and now get "ESET Personal firewall initialization failed" along with the system error. I tried to uninstall the "unknown" driver, but Vista won't let me do it, even in Safe Mode. I see where another person fixed this same problem by doing a system restore. I don't know if it' Vista, or Dell, but my system restore was turned off. I turned it back on yesterday, but that was too late to help. I need HELP!
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also try running the NDIS fix tool.

4. daryld

daryld Registered Member

I did the first uninstaller and the install program didn't work. I repeated and added the second uninstaller, and it said the the firewall was OK, but the virus part wasn't working. I then did a normal uninstaller, then re-installed the program and everything is green now. Thanks for the help!
    -- Daryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.