Eset Outlook Add-in

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aluminex, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

I have a client that received an infected email but it was not detected. I checked the version of virus definitions and the infected file should have been detected. Upon further inspection I noticed that the user didn't appear to have the "Eset Add-in" for Outlook.

Here is my question:

The user had an upgrade performed on her MS Office products a few months ago. Could this overwrite or cause issues with the Add-in?

Also, this user is on an older version of ESET. Is the add-in even present in this version? Here is the information:

Information about executive parts
    Virus signature database: 7343 (20120731)
    Update module: 1040 (20120313)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1365 (20120724)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1121 (2011120:cool:
    Archive support module: 1147 (20120620)
    Cleaner module: 1057 (20120626)
    Anti-Stealth support module: 1031 (20120613)

Information about installed product
    Product version: 3.0.672.0

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Yes, the Outlook add-in should have been included. It's possible the Outlook update pulled the add-in. This is why we always recommend updating your system, browsers and products with the latest versions.

If you still have a copy of the file (May be quarantined), it would be helpful to submit this to ESET Virus Labs.

If the computer is still infected, contact your local ESET technical Support department for assistance with cleaning. One great thing about our products is the free support!

Last and certainly not least, upgrade to the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.