ESET online scanner

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by TestingAV, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TestingAV

TestingAV Registered Member

ESET online scanner follows ntfs symbolic links and junctions. That is okay to a point, but if the link target is already in the scan hierarchy, or more than one link is present to the same data in a scan hierarchy, the data is scanned two or more times. :(

It would be nice if the product would determine targets, keeping an internal list of targets scanned, and scan only once.

I have no idea what a file link would do under these circumstances.

I am assuming that the home ESET security product will do the same thing. I've not tested it yet.

I am in the market for a high quality antivirus solution that requires as little time to maintain as is possible, and has as short of a scan time as is possible, and works! :D

I have several junctions/symbolic links that I've created in directory structures for the convenience provided, and these obviously point elsewhere. Microsoft does the same thing for other reasons.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET Online Scanner was not created as a replacement for other security products and is not meant to be used repeatedly. Desktop and server products take advantage of Smart optimization which ensures that files are not scanned repeatedly unless certain events occur.

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Further to the ESET online scanner I run it weekly and during the process certain web sites were accessed. I have attached a txt file of the findings my firewall found and wondered if "all was well" or if you prefer are there any concerns I should have re these sites being active?

In particular :

Tucson Tool & Manufacturing From IP 72.32.67.64 To IP 72.32.67.127 ?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.