ESET NOD32 Windows 2003 server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GMF2009, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMF2009

GMF2009 Registered Member

We are experiencing issues where some of our Windows 2003 servers are becoming unresponsive. we recently upgraded from 3.0.684 and to 4.0.467
    Web and email protection are both disabled.
    Has anyone experienced Similar issues?

2. tomha

tomha Registered Member

One of my customers Servers(SBS 2003) shows no network response, exept ping) after some time 2-7 days. There is NOD32BE V4.0.467 installed and all recommended exclusions are set. Event log shows nothing special. We have to hard reset the server to get it working again. When the server hangs we can log on physically but there is only the desktop wallpaper without any icons or the taskbar. After Ctrl-Alt-Del we tried to start the taskmanager to see what tasks are running, esp. if explorer.exe is still alive, but the taskmanager does not open.
    @GMF 2009: Do you experience similar behaviour at your server(only Backround, no icons or taskbar)?

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Go back to V3. 4.0.467 had some "server improvements", but ESET didn't (or wouldn't) state what they were, and V4 is clearly still not ready for servers. Stick to V3.

On desktops/laptops, V4 is brilliant, and we're using 4.0.437 (not .467) on nearly 100 desktops. But not servers...

Jim

4. GMF2009

GMF2009 Registered Member

We just had microsoft conduct a deep debug analysis. Our servers are not using DFS replication, that is a known issue.
    out of 30 servers we have 7-8 servers hanging everyday at random times all running 4.0.467

Details of the file:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\EAMON.SYS]
    Company Name: ESET
    File Description: Amon monitor
    Product Version: (4.0:467.0)
    File Version: (4.0:467.0)
    File Size (bytes): 116008
    File Date: Fri Sep 11 07:17:16 2009
    Module TimeDateStamp = 0x4aa9dc2f - Fri Sep 11 01:12:15 2009
    Module Checksum = 0x00029b5c
    Module SizeOfImage = 0x000cc000
    Module Pointer to PDB = [d:\installbuild\kalab\ess_4_0_400\build\apps\work\src\apps\amon\amonnt\objfre_wlh_x86\i386\eamon.pdb]
    Module PDB Guid = {618B82A0-D725-4405-93A9-E0B485E5C449}
    Module PDB Age = 0x1

Does anyone have an suggestions for rolling back to 3.0.694

5. michalk

michalk Registered Member

Hello - we are experiencing similar problem on 2003 server with fresh nod32 ver 4 installed on 2 of ours servers. Anything cleared since You've posted here?

To be more precise: servers stop to response on GUI on console - no action can be taken, screen freezes. TCP/IP services are still UP (eq. database server is up, ping is ok) but it is slowing down with responses. At the end I can do nothing but hard-reset machine.
    Rgds
    M

6. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

I had the same problems with 2008 Server Clustered File Servers.. Couldn't ctrl-alt-del and if you could it would take 5-10 minutes to respond.. The same problem happened on Vista on my home computer, and on a friends Vista.. Went back to 3.0 on all servers, and even 2.7 on a couple problem went away.

7. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

I work in a school and upgraded our servers to version 4 about 3-4 weeks ago. I have noticed that one server in particular runs out of system resources every week. We reboot our servers every Sunday night so maybe this is enough to keep them going from week to week. We run DFS and the server with the most issues is the DFS replication master.

Since installing version four we have had a LOT of issues with user desktops and start menus not being created. We redirect desktops and start menus for all users and dynamically create them at logon time and destroy them at logoff. The icons for the desktops are from a DFS location spread across three servers.

Our servers and desktops are set to scan network drives, but I honestly don't why this is set. If I am reading a file from the server from a workstation surely the server will scan the local file? Do I need to scan the network file from the workstation also?

8. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I know a few will agree with my thinking in that I still run v2.7 on our servers. v4 is installed on all clients. The better detection is needed for those systems using web browsers and surfing the net, downloading email, etc. You shouldn't be using a server for this and as a result really don't need v4 running on your servers. Save yourself a lot of headaches and install 2.7 on your servers.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As for DFS, NetBios over TCP/IP should be disabled. Could you confirm or deny that you have it disabled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.