eset nod32 version 4 won't update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Blackship, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackship

Blackship Registered Member

Today I downloaded the trial version from eset web site
    but it just won't update the virus signature database no matter how I try.(it says error while downloading the update files)
    and there's another problem.I can't open any webpage unless I go to HTTP settings and delete the port 80 after that I can open the webpages but the IMON won't monitor any files any more.
    I actually planned on buying this software but as far as I can see I can't use it.
    what could be the problem?
    thx in advance

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no IMON module in v3/v4. Did you have version 2 installed in the past? Do you have other security software installed along with v4?

3. Blackship

Blackship Registered Member

sorry by IMON I meant that section which monitors web activities I don't know what it's called in the new version. Yeah,I had nod32 version 2.7 on my PC.but I completely removed it before installing the new version.and as for your second question no I don't have any other software but windows firewall.
    u know the strange thing is that I can't open any webpages when the HTTP settings(I mean the one in NOD32 setup)is set to default that is ports 80, 8080, 3128 but as soon as I remove the port 80 from the list I have no problem opening the pages.although it still won't update either way.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you create a log from ESET SysInspector (part of v4) and email it to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed. Also export the ESET registry key to a reg file and enclose it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.