eset nod32 version 4 won't update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Blackship, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackship

Blackship Registered Member

Today I downloaded the trial version from eset web site
    but it just won't update the virus signature database no matter how I try.(it says error while downloading the update files)
    and there's another problem.I can't open any webpage unless I go to HTTP settings and delete the port 80 after that I can open the webpages but the IMON won't monitor any files any more.
    I actually planned on buying this software but as far as I can see I can't use it.
    what could be the problem?
    thx in advance

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no IMON module in v3/v4. Did you have version 2 installed in the past? Do you have other security software installed along with v4?

3. Blackship

Blackship Registered Member

sorry by IMON I meant that section which monitors web activities I don't know what it's called in the new version. Yeah,I had nod32 version 2.7 on my PC.but I completely removed it before installing the new version.and as for your second question no I don't have any other software but windows firewall.
    u know the strange thing is that I can't open any webpages when the HTTP settings(I mean the one in NOD32 setup)is set to default that is ports 80, 8080, 3128 but as soon as I remove the port 80 from the list I have no problem opening the pages.although it still won't update either way.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you create a log from ESET SysInspector (part of v4) and email it to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed. Also export the ESET registry key to a reg file and enclose it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.