eset nod32 v4 and web access protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ad6, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad6

ad6 Registered Member

hello! while i have open an oline radio station i noticed that web pages going extremly slow and online games lag. i made some research and i noticed that when i disable the future "web access protection" or add the ip address of the radio station as excluded and active the problem with the webpages stoped but not with the online games. i had to be sure that the problem was that so i unistalled the v4 and installed the v3 and there is no problem.
    Version 4 is very nice and i hope soon this small problems to be fixed.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello ad6,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

If it's a solution for the online game lag then could you pleas share?
    I have already placed an RED X on the online games in the web protection folder but I still get the lag.

4. Rmuffler

Hello,

With version 3.0 the following KB article was the solution for this issue: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN939

This is important to note though for Vista and Server 2008 users. The Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) is new with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and newer and with Windows Server 2008. The WFP architecture is used to check network communication and since it uses special monitoring techniques, the Web browsers and Protocol Filtering sections are not available.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. valkyr1e

valkyr1e Registered Member

Hi

I just found this thread as I could not find the "Web Browsers" section in my NOD32 4 under Web Access Protection > HTTP, HTTPS as well.

I am under Windows 7 x64 Build 7201. The section was previously there but then I was turning off unneeded windows services then I restart my computer, the section was not on the list anymore. After that I turned back on the windows services that I disabled, still the "Web Browsers" section did not appear.

Any idea?

Thanks

6. Rmuffler

Hello valkyr1e,

Windows 7 uses the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP), what I posted above should be the same in regards to the Web browsers and Protocol Filtering sections not being available.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.