ESET NOD32 slows web browsing.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sbowling, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbowling

sbowling Registered Member

I tried teh ESET nod32 trial versionand really liked it. After the trial expired I bought the full version. MY internet speeds instantly dropped to 1/4th of what they were. Every page loaded lagged for several seconds brfore it would actually show and downloading even smal files took forever.

I thought at first that maybe it was a corrupted install, so I reinstalled, but the same thing happened., I noticed that if I disable the antivirus it doesn't make any difference in speeds, so I went to the extreme and did a complete reinstall of windows. I checked a few we sites as soon as I reinstalled and they loaded fine. I installed NOD32 again and everything slowed to a crawl again. I tried going into the settings and disableing ALL internet scanning and it makes no difference.

I did tests at many places such as http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and found that my browsing and download speeds are less than 25% of what they should be with nod32 installed (regardless of it being disabled or not).

So, the big question is, how do I get this program back to the way it was when I only had the demo? The paid version of this program is complete garbage and definitely isn't worth the money I paid for it.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.