ESET NOD32 AV is blocking a website.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Terry Sleeper, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Sleeper

Terry Sleeper Registered Member

Hello.

My AV (the only ESET NOD32 product I have installed) is currently blocking a website - just one.

When I attempt to access the website in question I get the message:
    "Some of the files intended for cleaning were locked or in use by other applications. For the cleaning to take effect, a reboot is required. Do you wish to reboot now?"

Needless to say I am not aware of having submitted any files for cleaning.

My OS - Windows 7 Home Premium - advises that, "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection". (Some thing to do with "Scanner filter"?!)

And, sure enough, if I temporarily disable NOD32 AV I can access the website. As soon as I reactivate it, however, I can once again no longer connect to it.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

TS.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Terry Sleeper

You will only receive that message, " Some of the files intended for cleaning were locked or in use by other applications. For the cleaning to take effect, a reboot is required. Do you wish to reboot now " when Eset have found some malware on the website you have visited ; and therefore need to restart to unlock the file in question, for cleaning. (You are not submitting any files).So it is definitely not advisable to turn of your protection, and then revisit the site where Eset just have found malware. You are only jeopardizing your system. So have faith in your Av when it blocks certain websites. Even though it is a website that you trust. (all sites can be compromised, more or less) .

Cheers, Janus :)

3. Terry Sleeper

Terry Sleeper Registered Member

I am very grateful for your response.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.