ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.685.0 released.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xMarkx, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

A new version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 3.0 is available as of January 20th, 2009. The build is 3.0.685.0. The change(s) in this build over the last build of 3.0.684.0 are listed below.

Changelog for ESET Smart Security and NOD32 3.0

January 20, 2009 - 3.0.685
    • Fixed minor localization issues
    http://www.eset.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4113&Itemid=5

Just thought I'd let everyone know there's a new build :), because I don't see a sticky for the new build yet.

You can also post any problems with this build or any other changes both good and bad that you have noticed with the newly created build.

If someone could provide some further insight as to what "fixed minor localization issues" means, I'll add it to the post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A number of people have been asking:

1) If new builds of EAV are pushed out automatically as program component updates
    2) If it's necessary to upgrade to each individual new build

The difference between different builds of v3 (.669 to .672 or .667 to .685) is small and you are only recommended to download and install the latest build number if you are having problems with the build of v3 you are currently using. As long as you are using v3 (the latest version) and it's working normally then there's no reason to update to the absolute latest build of v3. The difference between the builds is usually just minor fixes to glitches only a handful of users may be experiencing. For these reasons, ESET doesn't push these build updates as mandatory auto updates. Thus, if you want to update to the latest build to resolve issues you are having that were resolved in later builds, you must manually download and install the latest build of v3 from ESET's website.

If there is ever a major glitch that the majority of users experience, the fix for it will be considered a program component update so all users will get it automatically.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Anyone downloaded 3.0.685 yet?

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

A number of people have been asking:

1) If new builds of EAV are pushed out automatically as program component updates
    2) If it's necessary to upgrade to each individual new build

The difference between different builds of v3 (.669 to .672 or .667 to .685) is small and you are only recommended to download and install the latest build number if you are having problems with the build of v3 you are currently using. As long as you are using v3 (the latest version) and it's working normally then there's no reason to update to the absolute latest build of v3. The difference between the builds is usually just minor fixes to glitches only a handful of users may be experiencing. For these reasons, ESET doesn't push these build updates as mandatory auto updates. Thus, if you want to update to the latest build to resolve issues you are having that were resolved in later builds, you must manually download and install the latest build of v3 from ESET's website.

If there is ever a major glitch that the majority of users experience, the fix for it will be considered a program component update so all users will get it automatically.

I will enclose this post in the thread, too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. artsky

artsky Registered Member

can't see the download link in the purchased section. it's still at v3.0.684

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi,

Apparently 3.0.685.0 is only for Ukrainian users at the moment as noted here:
    http://www.eset.com/support/news.php. I didn't see this before, I just assumed the new build would be included in English, too. Sorry! (T_T)!

The latest version for English users would still be 3.0.684.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.