ESET NOD32 4.2.71.2 and Mozilla Thunderbird 6.0.2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JRCATES, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I've just downloaded and installed ESET NOD32, version 4.2.71.2 as well as the latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird - 6.0.2

Previously, there was an icon for ESET NOD32 located within the email client, and all messages (incoming and outgoing) were stamped with the "This message was scanned by ESET NOD32" notification at the bottom.

NOW, however....there is no ESET icon within Thunderbird, and there are no notification messages indicating that the email has been scanned.

When I upgraded Firefox and Thunderbird....I was still running ESET NOD32 4.2.64.12 and I got a message saying that the "add-on/extension" for NOD32 was "incompatible". So does this mean that NOD32 is no longer compatible with Thunderbird, and that it will not scan emails through the latest version of Thunderbird? o_O

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thunderbird 5 will be supported as of EAV/ESS v5. As for TB6, support for it as well as for potential future builds is planned to be incorporated in the next build of v5. Version 4.2 is no longer being developed.

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thank you, Marcos.

OK, so it seems that version 6 of Thunderbird won't have coverage by ESET until version 5 of NOD32 is released. Any idea as to an approximate date that version 5 of NOD32 will be released?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On Sept 13 as it was already announced publicly. However, I'd like to emphasize again that scanning of email received via POP3/POP3S works regardless of the email client used. As of v5, the same holds true for IMAP/IMAPS, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.