Eset Mobile Security Sim card protection Bug...

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by jackbrennan2008, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackbrennan2008

jackbrennan2008 Registered Member

Hi all,

Eset Moile Security - Android

I have downloaded and installed EMS and its been working extremely well the last few days. I have activated the SIM card protection module and put my wifes phone number in as the SMS contact. Anyhow i turned my phone off today and when i turned it on i was prompted with:

"Unlock Code"

Then my wife starts ringing me saying she has gotten all these SMS saying my phone has been stolen :). But the strange thing is that i haven't changed my sim card. All i did was turn my phone off and then on again. So this really shouldn't happen unless someone has replaced my sim card with a new sim card...

Any ideas?

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I've noticed the same thing, was going to feedback about it too. Phone restart is being seen as SIM replacement.

I was having problems with another app and restarted my phone several times the other day, and my wife received several 'I've been stolen!' texts.

It'll be the phone that cried wolf - no one will believe it when it's really stolen :D

3. jackbrennan2008

Haha yea, i guess it will :)

Stil annoying though. I'll disable the feature until we get some official feedback.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Development have been notified. Thank you for your report.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. jackbrennan2008

I apprecaite the feedback, thank you!

6. mistlur

mistlur Registered Member

Hi there, I´ve got the same problem as you did, but Im not able to get pass the "Unlock code" and cannot inactivate anything therefore.
    So now my phone is useless...:-(
    How did you manage?
    I would really appreciate a solution!

Regards
    Richard

7. jackbrennan2008

Hi,

The unlock code is the code you set yourself in the program. So when you started the software for the 1st time you most likely set a password to protect editing of settings and so forth. It's that password that will unlock your phone.

I initially didn't know what code to use and i tried the password i set myself and it worked :).

Let me know if that helped!

8. trprecht

trprecht Registered Member

My phone was running sluggish so i restarted it and I got locked out too. I'm not having any luck unlocking my phone. I tried every password combo that I normally use, and I cant unlock it, so I can't tell what it is.... Is there any other way to get passed this?

9. fyxim

fyxim Registered Member

If you have root and access to a shell, like adb, just delete the eset apk file in /data/app and reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.