ESET Mobile Antivirus, The question on the basis of signatures of the product

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by apq, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apq

apq Registered Member

First I apologize for my English, I Russian-speaking users.
    Secondly want to ask a vexing question for developers ESET Mobile Antivirus, why in the base product does not add new records signatures? Why the database is not updated? Is not there new Trojans?
    PS: had to apply here, since the Russian Forum ESET answer can not.

2. apq

apq Registered Member

why my question is ignored? answer please

3. Hanzo_

Hanzo_ Registered Member

Hello again.

Is it possible to answer apq's question and answer mine, thom this thread?

4. apq

apq Registered Member

Hanzo
    it seems our questions are simply ignored by the representatives of ESET, because they have nothing to answer

5. apq

apq Registered Member

interesting that pays for a person buys a license for ESET Mobile Antivirus? just a tool without which the database update does not cost anything at all? I am outraged ...

6. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

From the FAQ:

How is ESET Mobile Antivirus updated?

ESET Mobile Antivirus downloads updates over the Internet. It can be updated automatically or manually by selecting Menu → Update from the main ESET Mobile Antivirus window. By default, ESET Mobile Antivirus checks for updates weekly and downloads them if available. Automatic updates can be scheduled at one-day, three-day, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly intervals. Automatic updates can also be disabled.

7. apq

apq Registered Member

Are you kidding? I know perfectly well how to update. the problem is that updates base never has. and new Trojans are constantly appearing. themselves try to update a database and you will be unpleasantly surprised that there is never any updates.

8. apq

apq Registered Member

question remains open, why not update signature database?

9. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

10. apq

apq Registered Member

samples sent for almost two months ago, in the antivirus database updates for the PC they have long since been added. but the base antivirus for PDAs since then has not refreshed once.
    again, question for ESET:
    1. Why your company selling product, that coming almost without any support?
    2. Why Trojans received by your company two months ago, weren't added to the virus database of ESET antivirus for PDA?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  11. Hanzo_

Hanzo_ Registered Member

Please read previous thread before answering.

12. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Mobile Antivirus's threat signature database is updated on an as-needed basis. The number of malicious programs targeting Microsoft Windows Mobile is much lower than that for Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, which is why it is not updated as frequently as those other products.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. apq

apq Registered Member

thanks for the answer, but you probably have read attentively the question?
    I repeat once more. I passed two months ago in ESET samples of Trojans for PDAs. Trojans were added to the antivirus database updates for the PC almost immediately, but over two months, ESET is not added them to the base of a mobile product and not released an update databases for ESET Mobile Antivirus. Why?

14. agoretsky

Hello,

If you can send me the address, date and time stamps and subjects the messages were sent with through the forum's private messaging subsystem I will check with the virus lab on the status of your submissions.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

15. apq

apq Registered Member

contact Алексей, the administrator Russian Technical Forum ESET. samples with the Trojans were handed over to him, but the database update, he was never able to get from you. after a long correspondence with him, I decided to raise the issue here

16. apq

apq Registered Member

agoretsky,
    so I ask in the near future to answer in this topic

17. apq

apq Registered Member

agoretsky,
    you know why the Trojans sent two months ago still not in the database ESET Mobile Antivirus? Let me remind you that the answer we are interested.

18. agoretsky

Hello,

My best guess is that they were not submitted correctly to ESET. If you can follow the instructions in this knowledgebase article explaining how to submit threats to ESET's virus lab, the malware should then be analyzed and added.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.