Eset minimize's my applications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by alexmoi, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexmoi

alexmoi Registered Member

I recently bought myself a new pc. My old pc was a quad core Q6600 with 4 gb of ram and a geforce 8800GT graphic card running on windows 7. Everything worked perfectly with Eset.

Now my new pc is a i7 930 2.8 ghz with 12 gb of ram and a ati radeon 5970 also running on windows 7.

I spent the last 4 days troubleshooting to find out exactly when my problem started. Installed everything while testing a game i would play for 30 mins after every significant change. Everything would work great until i installed Eset smart security.

After that installation my games will minimize to desktop after 20 mins of gameplay. Also my media player classic would exit full screen mode after 20 mins.

Now by simple logic if everything was working with no problems before this, the problem has to be my anti virus system. So can anybody help me before i pull out the little bit of hair left trying to stay sane. Thanx in advanced :)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling any of the modules make a difference? Does uninstalling ESS actually make the problem disappear?

3. alexmoi

if i disable any or all of the "options" it still causes the problem. Even ending the egui.exe in the task manager does nothing. But if i completely uninstall the ESS there is no more problem.

4. alexmoi

If i disable the statup for Eset and try to play games or open programs everything works fine. But as soon as i restart eset the problem is back. The weirdest of all it that i can time the problem interval from the time i start the full screen application and the time it minimizes to exactly 14 minutes.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried disabling all scheduled tasks? Does enabling the "Display only notifications requiring user interaction when running applications in full screen mode" option make a difference?

6. alexmoi

Seemed to have fixed the problem by taking ESS out of the startup programs and starting it up manually after everything starts up. Have no idea why but time and again it works everytime i restart my pc

7. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

I don't think it's safe to do that... what are you starting up manually? Just the GUI? Do you know if the real time protection part of ESET starts on its own when you boot up?

8. alexmoi

well the program stats that the real time protection is activated. And if it isn't safe and it's the only way that everything in my pc works right, then how do i fix the problem and keep the software loading on statup?

9. alexmoi

*Startup*

10. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

Did you try the last set of suggestions given by Marcos?
    The only times I have had problems with ESET taking me off full screen games is when I run it for the first time and the firewall is in interactive mode.

You could also save a Sysinspector log and send it to support with a description of your problem. They might be able to help you much better with this problem.

11. alexmoi

But the thing is i have always used it in interactive mode on all my other pc's. I totally understand getting exited from full screen stuff when it askes a Acccepte or deny of some access to internet activity. But the thing is that it will exit me from full screen exactly 14 minutes from the time i open something. And when i reopen it from a minimized state it will be another 14 minutes exactly. Only difference i can see is that my other pc has a Q6600 processor and a Nvidia 8800GT and this one has a i7 930 processor with a Radeon HD5970. Never had any probs with the other one and seems to have it all with this one. Only conclusion i can come to is the conflict between Catalyst and Eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.