ESET Mail Security

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by dheathorn, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dheathorn

dheathorn Registered Member

Hi,
    I have both an ESET Mail Security license and an ESET Endpoint license. I am running Windows SBS 2008

My understanding is that ESET Mail Security does not provide file level anti-virus protection (only mail). When I try to install either Endpoint AV or File Security I get the error message:

This product version is not compatible with the installed version. It is therefore not possible to run the reinstallation. Please uninstall current product version and restart the installation.

I tried uninstalling Mail Security, performed a restart on the server, and then installed File Security. When I then tried to reinstall Mail Security it gave me the same error message:

This product version is not compatible with the installed version. It is therefore not possible to run the reinstallation. Please uninstall current product version and restart the installation.

Can I please get some advice?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET Mail Security contains the same protection modules as ESET File Security plus a protection module for your mail server. That said, you should install only EMS to get your mail server protected completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.