ESET Mail security - SBS2008

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by sebasm12, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebasm12

sebasm12 Registered Member

Hi,

I am considering to purchase ESET Mail Security for Exchange Server, however I have a few questions:

- Is ESET Mail Security compatible with Windows Server 2008 Small Business Server?
    - Does this product also include realtime file protection or does it just scan the e-mail transport and the mail-database of the Exchange Server?
    - A few years ago I used version 2.7 with XMON. Sometimes this scanner locked the mail-database and it did dismount right away. The resolution for this problem was to exclude scanning .LOG files (transaction logs) and a few other file-types. Do I still have to do this with the new version in order to prevent mail database dismounts?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    1-Yes
    2-Yes
    3-Well..yes it will do that if you don't follow the standard exclusion range...which holds true regardless of what antivirus brand you install on your server. Mail servers need exclusions set for real time file protection. Domain controllers also have their own exclusions. And web servers have their own exclusions. As well as database servers have their own exclusions (if you're running SBS Premium hence SQL). So...SBS is a combination of alllll of the above...so with SBS you have like 15 minutes worth of standing there adding exclusions once you install an AV product on it.

Now...Eset added the ability for 4.2 to detect where your infostore is and automatically add that to the exclusions...but they didn't finish the other 90% of the exclusions that SBS needs...so you still have to stand there and add all those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.