Eset Mail Security as Anti Spam

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by AtlAlex, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtlAlex

AtlAlex Registered Member

Hi,

We are using Exchange 2010 on SBS2011 and additionally Eset Mail Security. We receive just a huge amount of spam in to our mailboxes. I have tried to configure Eset to prevent that, but everything is just not right enough. For example greylisting - it should work against spam, however, even if whitelist is configured - it still prevents most of emails to come through without a delay. Is there anything else, where greylisting looks up for whitelists? Or where shall we consider configuring whitelists if not in Eset?

Thanks.

2. clyde123

clyde123 Registered Member

I've been working with whitelisting for a a short time now. What are you using for whitelisting - is it "aproved senders" ?
    Note that I found a problem with greylisting - namely that there seems to be a lot of sending servers which do not retry the messages.

3. AtlAlex

AtlAlex Registered Member

Yes, these senders are approved. Gmail, yahoo, hotmail - the basic ones. As well as, few more domains as 1and1.co.uk etc.

My manager said, we had less spam in past time with Eset. For some time we had to manage our networks without Eset protection and recently we installed it back. Since then, I am trying to set it up against all the spam, however, I can't see many options for that. Greylisting is the only one feature, which I found as the most reasonable. It delays common domains, not for a long time - about 20-40 mins (setup is set for 7 hours), but it is still inconvenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.