ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server v4.2.10005.0 released

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by agoretsky, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server v4.2.10005.0 is now available for testing by the general public. This build adds support for the released version of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and other changes.

To download a copy, please visit ESET's beta test portal at http://beta.eset.com/emsx.

This release contains changes based on feedback received from testers. Notable changes include:

General
    • Added ability to toggle automatic VSAPI integration
    • Added compatibility for the released version of Microsoft Exchange 2010
    • Added support for Windows NT 4.0 Server
    • Changed default setting for Document Protection for the operating system from enabled to disabled
    • Changed presets for text added to messages
    • Fixed issue with display of 3-D dialogs on older operating systems
    • Fixed issue with display of priority of transport agent
    • Fixed issue with display of priority of on-demand scanning window
    • Fixed issue with display when running in full-screen mode
    • Fixed issue with ESET SysInspector log integration
    • Fixed issue with scanning when using transport agent
    • Fixed issue with storing of hidden messages
    • Optimizations for web protection
    • Performance improvement for HTTP scanning
    • Performance improvement for POP3S/HTTPS protocol communication during scanning
    • Performance improvements for SSL scanning
    • Removed support for the beta test version of Microsoft Exchange 2010
    • When both VSAPI and transport agent are disabled, full protection is disabled

Antispam
    • Fixed issue with antispam engine initialization on Exchange Server 2000
    • Fixed issue with antispam protection being disabled after installation
    • Fine-tuned Scheduled Task for Antispam engine updates
    • Fine-tuning of antispam engines automatic setting based on beta testers' feedback
    • Tray icon animination enabled when antispam engine performs an update
    • Greylisting is disabled when antispam protection is disabled
    • Improved antispam dialog window for configuring allowed, ignored and blocked IP addresses
    • Allowed and ignored IP addresses configured via the GUI are no longer checked by greylisting
    • Allowed and ignored IP addresses configured via PowerShell are no longer checked by greylisting

Miscellaneous
    • Added additional ways to make exclusions from automatic detection after installation

Rules
    • Changes made to rule configuration based on beta testers' feedback
    • Fixed how files are stored in quarantine folder after the application of a rule.
    • Fixed issue with removing rules
    • Fixed several issues when creating rules relating to Subject: field

NOTE: The beta test version is a precursor of the final product without full functionality and documentation. It is intended for experienced Exchange Server administrators and should not be installed on mail servers that perform critical tasks because it may cause errors or crashes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

Ok, now it works with Exchange 2010 RTM... :)

Just a question.. I can't find the setting for sending an email to someone when a virus is found.. (to the sysadmin in my case...)

In XMON 2 that option was present (even if it didn't tell to which mailbox the virus was found!)..

could you help me? Thanx

3. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

OMG! Outlook just after installing mail security 4 for exchange on 2010 keeps sayng that connection to exchange has been lost and then restored, then lost and restored and so on, about every 5 minutes!!!

4. tunkmaster

tunkmaster Registered Member

Hi,

I just updated my ESET Mail Security 4 for exchange from v 2 to this beta version. After installing my emails were not coming through. And on the sender end it wasn't bouncing.

So I decided to run an online email test (not sure what site) and was getting stuck at send recpt email test and said this message: "450 4.7.1 Please Try Again Later". I then discovered this message will come if the anti spam was blocking the email and this what it would say and as soon as i disable the anti-spam protection it worked.

My question is what can i do to have the anti-spam protection enabled and still have my emails not being Blocked?? Maybe the filter level is too high? what do i need to do?

Thank You
    Regards

5. univers63

univers63 Registered Member

Hello,

Is there someone who can tell me where ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server puts all spam messages in the hard disk?

Thansk for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.