ESET Mail Security 4- Deleteing email with Viruses

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jackfla5h, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackfla5h

jackfla5h Registered Member

I am using ESET mail security 4 on our exchange 2007 box.

We are getting hammered with spam email with virus attachments. ESET remove's the virus ok but still delivers the email. I dont seem to be able to set it to delete any email that comes in with a virus attachment. There are only settings to delete the email if the virus can not be removed.

Does anyone know the best way to delete all email with viruses attached? We have the anti spam agent enables but this is also allowing them through.

Thanks

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

In the EMSX4 settings for the Mail Server, you should have an option under the Actions on what you want it to do. It looks like it defaults to "Delete Object" however you have the option to "Delete Whole Message".

From the EMSX Help File:

Actions

· Action to take if cleaning is not possible
    • No action – take no action on the infected content of the message
    • Block – block the message before it is received in Microsoft Exchange Server storage
    • Delete – delete the infected content of the message
    • Delete whole message – delete the entire message, including its infected content

3. jackfla5h

jackfla5h Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. The above options seem to be for when the virus can not be cleaned. In my case the virus is being removed but the message is still being delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.